Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre. While every effort is made in preparing material for publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Clare County Council or Kilrush Amenity Trust CLG. for any errors, omissions or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of listed sites this cannot be taken as an endorsement of these sites.
These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase and redeem tickets for your visit to Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre. Once your tickets have been purchased they are non-refundable. Tickets can be amended using the manage your booking link on your booking confirmation. By purchasing tickets for Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
Purchasing Entry Tickets or Event Tickets
All persons wishing to purchase tickets to visit Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket includes access to the interpretive centre, access to the garden, and a tour. There are guided tours available at 11am and 3pm daily, or you can set your own pace on a self-guided tour.
- The car park is located outside the entrance to Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre. Please enter the compound and present your confirmation email as proof of purchase at the admissions office. No other discount schemes apply. No refunds apply.
- All prices are quoted in Euro.
- Once purchased, your ticket must be used within the time period indicated on your eTicket.
- For scheduled events, your ticket must be used within the time period indicated on your Ticket. Each person will take part only in the event organised for the time slot booked.
- For scheduled events, it is essential to arrive on time, register and stay close to the staging point around the time of their booked event.
- It is the sole responsibility of the bearer of this ticket to check opening times of Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre.
- The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who:
- – Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in its opinion, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- – Has behaved in a manner or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- – Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- – Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Unless otherwise permitted by The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre, all persons entering must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket may be ejected.
- In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within all indoor areas.
- Any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted. Visitors are expected to respect and conform to local laws and customs. If, in Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre’s opinion, a visitor is behaving in such a way as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, he/she may be removed from the site without refund. In addition, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour.
- The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all of its exhibits/displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close its attraction or any part of it. In the event of such closure, The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise, The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses.
- The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, however arising.
- Only food and beverages purchased from the bistro may be consumed on site.
- Pets or animals of any nature (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within the Visitor Centre building. Non-aggressive dogs are permitted outdoors but must remain on leashes at all times. All dog waste must be removed by the dog’s owner. Please bring no more than two dogs per person. See additional details on dog breeds on our website.
- Vandeleur does not accept liability for any loss or injury whilst on the Estate.
- If for some reason you are unhappy with any aspect of your booking with us, we ask that you write to us, at The Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre, C/o Vandeleur Walled Garden, Killimer Road, Kilrush, Co.Clare, Ireland or by email to email@example.com. Where possible, please quote the relevant Booking Reference Number and provide all other relevant information.Tickets are not valid for groups and can only be used by individuals unless expressly stated.
Purchasing Local Passes
- Local passes may be purchased at reception at Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre.
- The local pass is valid for 12 months from first use. The pass must be first used within three months of purchase and must be presented for all visits to gain admission.
- If you purchase your local pass online, the booking form must include the correct name of the holder to feature on the pass. The pass holder will then need to bring the purchase receipt with them on their first visit, and a local pass will be generated and issued on the day. We will also need the pass holder’s email address to enable us to communicate with them (see GDPR below).
- Local passes are not transferable and are only valid for the named adult on the local pass and any others the local pass type permits. Any Pass that is being used by someone other than the named pass holder and is deemed to be in breach of the terms and conditions will be retained by Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre and the owner contacted.
- Pass holders are welcome to visit at any time during normal business hours. Please refer to our website for opening times at www.vandeleurwalledgarden.ie. However, local passes are not valid for occasional special events that incur separate fees. These events will feature on our website.
- Children (refers to children of annual local pass holders between 5 and 17 years).
- Guests of local pass holders, not already covered by the Pass type, may visit by paying the full admission price.
- Loss of local pass should be immediately notified to us. There is a €10 charge to replace lost local pass in the same name as the original Pass. Therefore, it is important to keep them safe.
- Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre reserves the right to alter and change these terms and conditions without notice.
Gift Local Passes
If you are purchasing a 12-month local pass as a gift, please use the recipient’s name (not your own) when purchasing. You can provide them with the purchase receipt. Then, on their first visit to Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre, we will exchange the receipt for their 12-month local pass.
General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts
Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts. Please ensure that you read our Privacy and Security Policy and Terms and Conditions in conjunction with the following:
- A valid e-mail address is required for all local pass holders. This email will be used by Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre to communicate renewal options, changes to opening times and possible closures.
- Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre may also communicate with you in respect of offers and special events that may be of interest to you.
- Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre will retain your personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, we may be required by applicable laws and/or regulations to hold your personal data longer than this period.
Translations on the Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre website are performed by Google Translate. This is a free translation service that provides instant translations between different languages. Not all text may be translated accurately or be translated at all. Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate translations and will not be held responsible for any damage or issues that may result from using Google Translate.
Thank you for your support of Vandeleur Walled Garden & Visitor Centre. We look forward to welcoming you throughout the year.